by Ana Bedoya
Getting the most out of your search campaigns can be taxing when trying to squeeze as much information into a search ad as possible while adhering to character limits. That's where ad extensions come into play. Ad extensions are some of the best features Google Ads has to offer but are constantly being overlooked.
At Jump, we make sure all of our new and existing clients are taking full advantage of the proper ad extensions for their business. We found the majority of marketers are using only about half of the ad extensions being offered to them.
Jump strives to dominate the top position of the search results page by maxing out all relevant ad extensions.
Ad extensions provide a great way to extend your ad’s length by adding more valuable information to potential customers.
Adding a new ad extension could improve CTR by 10-15% — but only if used correctly.
- Sitelink extensions take people to specific pages on your site (for example, a specific product or store hours). When someone clicks or taps on your links, they go directly to what they want to know or buy.
- The ease of updating is one of the top benefits, as you’re able to update the Sitelinks at any time. This gives marketers the opportunity to stay as relevant as possible with up-to-date sales and special offers and no need of resetting performance statistics.
- Sitelinks give you the opportunity to get detailed about your landing page clicks. You can add a Sitelink to the account, campaign, or ad group level. Getting this granular, you’re able to identify how many clicks occurred on your ad and drove to what page.
- With callout extensions, you can promote unique offers to shoppers, like free shipping or 24-hour customer service. When customers see your ads, they get detailed information about your business, products, and services.
- Callouts are a free and efficient way to highlight your business offerings in just a few words. Just like Sitelinks, they are customizable and can be updated at any time.
- A tip: Be specific. Be mindful when picking out the terms that will appear on your Callout extensions. The more detailed information potential customers have will help them decide if you have what they’re looking for.
Structured Snippets Extensions
- Highlight specific aspects of your products and services with structured snippets extensions. Structured snippets show beneath your text ad in the form of a header (ex: "Destinations") and list of values (ex: "Hawaii, Costa Rica, South Africa").
- Structured snippets give visitors a preview of the nature and range of your products and services before they click on your ad. In the example above, we highlight different electronics the business has available.
- The additional information that appears with your ads can increase your ads' relevance and clickthrough rates. Increasing these metrics could lead to a positive ROI by attracting action from visitors who are more likely to be interested in what you have to offer.